I found this didn't work 1st time, so these are the steps.
- Install GTK# for Windows from medsphere.org/projects/gtksharp, I used this SDK .msi
- Now download this, and use it to replace (over-write) C:\Program Files\Medsphere\Gtk# SDK\etc\gtk-2.0\gdk-pixbuf.loaders
- Open the new gdk-pixbuf.loaders, find "
Gtk# Runtime" & replace with "
- Install Tomboy
You should now be able to run tomboy... it appears in your system tray.
If like me you have a linux box with a load of notes you want to read, then follow these steps.
On your linux box:
- cd into \$HOME/.tomboy
- copy all .note files
Transfer the .note files to your windows box.
On your Windows box:
- Exit tomboy
- cd into C:\Users\\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\tomboy
- paste all your .note files
Start Tomboy & Enjoy!